SBS Payroll now offers simple pre- and post-process audit tools to catch errors during payroll processing.
There are three options for each audit:
- Skip (do not run this audit)
- Warn (provide a warning but allow the payroll to process)
- Error (provide an error that prevents the payroll from processing until the error has been corrected or approved)
Audit settings are customizable and unique to each client ID being processed with SBS Payroll. Below is more information about the new audit tool settings.
Pre-Process Audit Tool Settings
These following pre-process audits will be flagged on the Pre-Process Register, which will allow you to fix them prior to transmitting payroll:
- Large Deduction Amount – this audit checks deduction amounts keyed in during payroll entry and flags deductions higher than a set threshold.
- Large Earning Amount – this audit checks earning amounts keyed in during payroll entry and flags deductions higher than a set threshold.
- Large Earning Hours – this audit checks hours keyed in during payroll entry and flags hours greater than a set threshold.
- Employees with Missing Workers Comp Codes – this audit flags employees who are not assigned a Workers Comp Code.
- Employees with Missing Work State – this audit flags employees who are not set up with a Work State on their Taxes tab.
Post-Process Audit Tool Settings
The post-process audit tool settings can be configured to notify SBS of the following errors after your payroll has been submitted:
- Large Net Check – this audit creates an alert to SBS when a single check has a net amount greater than a set threshold.
- Large ACH Amount – this audit creates an alert to SBS when the total amount of all direct deposits is greater than a set threshold.
Please note: the two post-process audits listed above will not occur until your payroll is being processed by SBS. SBS will notify you of the error, and you will have the opportunity to correct or approve it before your payroll is processed. *Additional fees may apply if the error and correction requires SBS to reverse and reopen your payroll.
If you are a SBS Client, and would like to take advantage of these new payroll audit tools, please contact your Account Executive for assistance at 855-591-9864. If you are not currently a client, and would like to learn more about this audit functionality and our payroll services, contact us at 877-908-6538 or firstname.lastname@example.org