A highlight of National Payroll Week, the annual event created by the American Payroll Association in 1996 to celebrate both American workers and the professionals who make payday possible, is an annual survey of workers that yields insight into both payroll trends and worker attitudes.
The "Getting Paid in America" survey drew more than 34,000 responses in 2017. Its findings included:
- 96% of respondents no longer received physical paychecks, with just 4.3% receiving paper checks
- 94% reported using direct deposit
- Only 2% used a payroll card
Getting Paid in America: 2017 Survey Highlights
Other highlights of the survey included:
- A majority of respondents rated better pay as more important than better health insurance
- Nearly 60% of respondents were “very certain” that both the withholding and net amounts of their paychecks were correctly calculated; nearly one-third (27%) said they were “somewhat certain"
- Just over half of workers surveyed said they’d rather get bigger paychecks than a big tax refund
Share Your Views for a Chance to Win
To participate in the 2018 survey, click here and complete the survey before 5 p.m. EDT Sept. 7. You could win an extra paycheck and a free vacation for two to a destination of your choosing.
We hope that when it comes time to choose a payroll partner, you'll look at what SBS has to offer. SBS Payroll believes payroll done right means doing more than just payroll. We offer a full suite of payroll, HR services and related support, including time and attendance, benefits administration and human capital management (HCM) software.
As a family of companies dedicated to providing state-of-the-art solutions to the payroll industry, we are proud to support National Payroll Week and all of its many initiatives on behalf of American workers and the payroll industry.